I want to vacuum-form my outer pieces for Wheatley, but I don’t have access to a professional vacuforming machine. My solution? Make my very own setup! I’ll let you guys know how it performs once I finish it.
Fun Fact: The perforated metal sheet is a cutout from a baking pan I found on Amazon! I love it when things work out like that :)
I’ve already announced this on my DA account but I just wanted to share with all my followers and everyone else that I’m going to be making a WORKING Wheatley replica! It’s going to use servo motors and it will be controlled via Arduino. Due to multiple factors like time, money, and physical impossibilities, it cannot be 100% accurate on the inside, but Wheatley will move his eye, blink, and move his handles when all is said and done! I’ll be posting updates here and on DA, so stay tuned!
guardianofgates-deactivated2014 said: big respect for your dad and you for making this awesomeness!! Im not talented enough but at least I get a cosplay done. im so jealous right now hwo awesome you guys made the portal gun ^^ keep it up!
Awww thanks so much! ^^
Doctor Who Giveaway!!!
Since Tumblr loves Doctor Who so very much, I wanted to share my extra presents with you guys, and girls, and trans* people, and any other gender specific or non-specific humans!! =) I also teamed up with ExpressWears.com to help with this Giveaway just in time for the holidays! They have offered $1100 for the giveaway! That’s $100 for every Doctor!
ALL PRIZES ARE NEW AND NEVER OPENED! The items you see opened are mine. I mistakenly ordered two of everything. So, I decided to give the duplicates away!
- Starts: Dec. 7th, 2012 at 7:37pm CST
- Ends: Dec. 18th, 2012 at 11:11pm CST
- 1x Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control - $99.95 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comSecond Prize:
- 1x Levitating TARDIS - $49.99 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comThird Prize:
- 1x Vortex Manipulator & Mini Sonic Screwdriver - $29.99 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comFourth Prize:
- 1x Sonic Screwdriver of 10th Doctor (Replica) - $19.99 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comBonus Prizes:
- 2x $100 at ExpressWears.com
- 2x $75 at ExpressWears.com
- 2x $50 at ExpressWears.com
- 2x $25 at ExpressWears.com
- YOU MUST REBLOG THIS POST. LIKES WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
- You can reblog as many times as you want.
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS. (Blogs setup to reblog giveaways. You will be disqualified if you do that.)
- You don’t need to follow me. If you want to, great! (Following me doesn’t increase your chances of winning.)
- Your ask box must be open for me to message you if you win.
- 12 total winners will be picked via Random.org number generator.
- You will be contacted via tumblr ask, so make sure your ask is turned on!
- If you don’t respond within 48 hours, a new winner for your prize will be selected.
- You must be 18+ to enter OR have parents permission. Since I will need your address to mail your prizes to you, I don’t think your parents would like a random guy mailing you things. =P
If you have any questions, please message me for details! Also, to anyone who wants to purchase clothes at ExpressWears.com, they also offered two different discount codes for all to use!
- freeshiptumblr - Free Shipping to anywhere in the continental US! Sorry Hawaii and Alaska. Nothing personal.
- tumblr10 - 10% off your entire order! No minimums!
My suggestion is to use “freeshiptumblr” if your order is under $75. If it is greater than $75, then “tumblr10” is most useful. =)
NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES IN THIS GIVEAWAY, I WILL EDIT THIS POST AT THE BOTTOM AND NOTE THE CHANGES. Check back to this main post to see if anything has changed.
EDIT: 10:08am December 8th, 2012
GIVEAWAY IS OPEN TO ANYONE ON PLANET EARTH! Sorry Mars and Gallifrey. =(
In case you didn’t already know, the reason my portal gun is so accurate is because many of the parts were 3D printed. However, it doesn’t mean it was a piece of cake to put together! The pieces I received in the mail were rough (to say the least).
The picture on the left is the back shell after I applied the first coat of primer, and the picture on the right is the final product.
More pictures here
This is my Portal Gun! So many hours went into making this and I could not be more proud of how it turned out. :) More photos are on the way!
And here’s a short video of it in action: http://youtu.be/VLJoK12MaYM